Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Browser panels move around

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
howardlee306
499 Views, 8 Replies

2012 Browser panels move around

We finally got the time to install 2012. We have been using it a couple weeks now and I am stumped. I have custom iLogic forms I made so I like to keep the iLogic browser panel open and docked above my browser panel so I can get them quickly. Every morning when I come in the iLogic panel is either not docked where I had it or is turned off. Sometimes I can have a model or drawing open and everything is ok. But When I open another part and close it and go back to what I was working on it will have moved to the other side of my screen, become side by side with the browser panel or just plain turned itself off. This is one of those small things that is slowly whittling away at my sanity. Can someone tell me if there is a way to "Lock" all panels location and visibility so that no one by any means can move or edit them? Or help me understand why even closing a drawing will cause them to move?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MjDeck
in reply to: howardlee306

The iLogic pane should be able to remember its position.  Are you using Inventor Professional 2012, or a different edition?  Do you have any other panes (maybe from add-ins) regularly displayed?  Are you using Windows 7 64-bit?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
howardlee306
in reply to: MjDeck

Sorry I should have been more specific. I am using 2012 Inventor suite, windows 7 64 bit, and no plugins other than what came with the installer. Attached is where I have them no and where I'd like to keep them.

Message 4 of 9
howardlee306

Sorry also service pack 1

Message 5 of 9
MjDeck

Does the iLogic pane move when you close a model or drawing and open another (without exiting from Inventor)?  Or does it only move when you close Inventor and then restart it later?

This probably won't make a difference, but could you try docking the iLogic browser below the Model browser?  I'm not recommending this as a long term solution.  I just want to see if the problem persists in that situation.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
howardlee306

This is what happened right before I posted this question:

I was working on a drawing and all was well like the above picture. A customer called and had a question so I saved my .idw drawing (leaving it open in the background) and opened the model for the customer (we are a single project user so no switching). I got the measurement I needed and closed the model. When it finished "unloading" and went back to my drawing the panels where side by side instead of stacked. This happens usually a few times throughout the day with random events causing it to move.

I checked with my supervisor here who is using 2012 profeesional with windows 7-64, and SP-1 and he experiences the same behavior.

Thanks for your help by the way on this.

Message 7 of 9
MjDeck

Is it completely random?
Could you try to repeat the operation of opening the model (with the drawing also open), making the measurement, and closing the model?  Does the iLogic pane move every time?

Do you have any API functions in your iLogic rules?  There might be a rule running on the Document Close event and moving the iLogic pane (although this is not a likely scenario).

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
howardlee306

I just tried repeating it. Same idw, same model, same measurement and the panels did not move. I will also to restart at lunch time and see if it shuts my visibility off as well.

I might also add. Our assemblies ar anywhere between 1000-3800 parts and can take a few minutes to open and close. It seems like this is where most of it is happening. Almost when the screen is regenerating, etc.

Message 9 of 9
blair

Inventor writes use settings upon proper and complete exit of Inventor. I you have a instance of Inventor running in the back-ground (didn't close properly) (may need to check your Task Manager). This may be part of the problem, possible if using a network and profiles (roaming are stored on the server) and you have network connection problems, you may loose your settings.

Not having a high permission with the UAC turned on my not allow Inventor to update the user settings. You should have at least Power User, preferably "Administrator" settings. Try also turning the UAC slider to the lowest setting (this will disable the UAC) and see if that helps as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report