Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12ft x 12 ft tarp (3d sketch + surface) please help.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
crmayo
7188 Views, 2 Replies

12ft x 12 ft tarp (3d sketch + surface) please help.

Hi all,  I'm hoping someone can help me draw this part.  Attached is a start in Inventor 2012.  I also have Inventor 2013.

The tarp is 12ft x 12ft at the corners.  It tapers down hill on two corners by 3.5" as shown.  I used splines and just moved points to get the shape you see now.  It's not constrained.  The problem is the shape isn't accurate.  By moving the point straight down 3.5" it don't take into account the slope of the line and now my 12ft corner dimensions are no longer correct.  Does anyone know how I can make part dimensionally accurate like this?

tarp.PNG

Thanks for your time,  Chris

Chris
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: crmayo

The easiest way to create, and especially control, a 3D sketch for something like that is to start from 2 2D sketches.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%2011%20Tutorial%207.pdf

This is a bit different than yours, but I would do a 2D sketch of the Top and Front views and find the 3D intersection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
crmayo
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JDMather, that did the trick.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report