Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xml error causes IV to crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
282 Views, 3 Replies

xml error causes IV to crash

I'm running IV 2014 (but 2015 is installed on my machine), and am using Windows 7 64 bit.  I have the latest update.

I have some assemblies and a few parts that give a lengthy error when updated or "generate files" in an ipart.  I cannot see a pattern in which files have this issue.  There are many files that are very similar to each other, but only one will fail.

I can either "Accept," or "Cancel," this error and both options cause IV to crash.

I am not changing projects.  This has been going on since at least sometime last week, and IV has been running slowly.

When copied to MS word, the error is 384 pages long.  Here is a sample of the error:

21ft SHP, LX DE.iam: Errors occurred during update

Missing XML attribute: 'InternalName' in file://SBS2011/UserShares/Parts/Autodesk/Design%20Data/ProteinMapping.xml.

Missing XML attribute: 'Shininess' in file://SBS2011/UserShares/Parts/Autodesk/Design%20Data/ProteinMapping.xml.

Invalid XML value for 'Shininess'. Expected 'float' received '' in file://SBS2011/UserShares/Parts/Autodesk/Design%20Data/ProteinMapping.xml.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! It looks like Inventor is having trouble locating files defining the appearances. Could you upload an example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to take a closer look to see where the problem is.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Sorry for the slow reply, most everything is proprietary, or massive.

With this file (and several other larger ipts and iasms), opening the file doesn't cause problems. It's when I try to generate files after I've changed something in the table.

I haven't tried all the variables, but "LENGTH" is what needs to be updated, and I can't do it.  It crashes IV rather quickly when I generate files after a change in the table...

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A little more info,
I opened the plywood file on a different computer, and edited the data table, generated files and closed it. No errors, no issues.

I opened the plywood file on my pc, and no errors on opening. However, when I tried changing a number in the table, then generated the file, the same xml error popped up and IV crashed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report