Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wood rendering

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mech5328
2520 Views, 11 Replies

wood rendering

I would like to know where can i find a rendering with wooden boards. I have created a surface and i have added thickness and i want it to seems like wooden boards.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mech5328

Inventor ships with quite a few different wood textures.  You should be able to find something in there that works.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
mcgyvr

Assign a "wood" appearance to it via the appearance dropdown in the quick access toolbar or via tools..appearance button.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 12
blair

You may wish to create/copy additional wood Appearances with the material map rotated at different angles to deal with different parts and faces to get the material orientation the way you want.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
mpatchus

You can easily create your own custom wood using seamless textures.

I've had great success with Wood Workshop from Spiral Graphics Inc.

http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/ww_overview.htm

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 6 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: mpatchus

Are you aware of any white papers on working with colors/textures (appearances) since the change made a couple of releases ago?

I used to be able to create a wood grain texture that went in on specified direction x,y or z across the part (regardless of number of faces transistioned). http://www.b2-design.biz/Tutorials/AligningTextures.htm

I used to be able to create an entirely transparent color.

(search here on clear&.bmp)

I could do these without any instruction or help from the "Help".

I have abandoned any work with color/textures the last few releases (whenever was changed).

Last night I gave it a try (using the Help) and about put my fist through the screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
blair
in reply to: mpatchus

Try this

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 12
blair
in reply to: blair

Still can't attach files from work on this new forum. Will attach a PDF on Materials and Appearances this evening from home.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: blair

Smiley Very Happy

Clear.png

That is what I am after - an invisible part appearance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Since they went to the new forum I am unable to insert images or attach files at work or edit a post. You can't tell if a file didn't get attached until you posted it. I have even had a couple of (out-side) tech guys look at my work machine and still can't solve the problem. It's not just on IE10 or IE11 but also with Safari and Mozilla as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 12
blair

Here is the document I tried to post earlier. In 2013 Inventor changed how it deals with Materials and Appearances, this has carried forward in IV2014 as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 12
blair
in reply to: JDMather

We'll need the "Cones of Silence" to discuss this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eUIK9CihA

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report