Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why this could't be changed in 2013?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
432 Views, 5 Replies

why this could't be changed in 2013?

HI

I am wandering why in AI2013 there is still this strange behaviour that dose something like this:

When one enters list for material assignment i iPropoerties and preses for exumple "C" to fast scroll list to materials starting with C list dose not only scroll but also first material starting with C is autoamtically chousen for you.

Are you happy with this solution?

Personally I am more anoyed than happy.

Cris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Us keyboard types are in the minority, AD is more cocerned about catering to mousers.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
SBix26

I believe I'd classify that as a bug. 

If you use the arrow keys to move up or down in the list, you get the same thing- immediate selection and close the list.  It doesn't work like any other list selections that I've seen, in Inventor or anywhere else.  Even the Material selection list in the ribbon it works as you'd expect.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I really do not understand remakr about:

"AD being more concerned about maouse users"

What is "mouse user"?

how would such one enter dimension value for exumple, or give file a name, or do loads of other things.

Keybord and mouse ware invented to comumicate with computer and they are obviously very diferent in the way they are used and what can be done with them. and realy few are able to use only one of them alone.

Extreem most of computer users, and software users are using both, and expect certain types of behaviour.

That, I think is, is quite common point of view.

Cris

Message 5 of 6
mrattray

Obviously, I didn't mean to imply that some users use the keyboard or the mouse exclusively. What I meant was some users, such as I, perfer to press a hot key then to find an icon to click. When I'm presented with a list box of options to choose from, I type the first few letters to jump to it (like what started this thread). A mouser would scroll through that box searching for it.

Programs that are set up to cater towards these mouse types have the appearance (and perhaps are) more user freindly. However, they don't lend themselves to the same level of efficiency that can be acheive with a keyboard oriented environment.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 6
ampster40

12 years later, I wonder if they will see this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report