Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wheels in motion

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
919 Views, 12 Replies

wheels in motion

I want the wheels to to rotate and turn as the box starts to move sidewise. I tried to suppress the angle but It still did not work.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

here's the correct one. Part 1 now has a suppressed angle, but it still interfears with the other one in Inventor Studio.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Does not one have the experience to solve my problem?

Message 4 of 13
mpatchus

It would help to know what version of the software you are using.

Some of us are still using older versions of Inventor, and thus cannot open newer files.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: mpatchus

Okey, I am using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Still no one?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Could anyone atleast hand me a hint of where the problem could lie? I suppose to "suppress"is the key to making the function doable because without it,  you're unable to have access to more than one angle up at the same time.

Message 8 of 13
danny

Hi,

You have to make a path and let the wheel follow that one!
Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1
Message 9 of 13
danny

But this is beter to make in 3ds max.
Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: danny

I've been watching some videos on youtube learing how to make create a path for a cart. But how is that possible if I only want the wheels to turn and not the whole box??

Message 11 of 13
danny

Hi, I can't send you some parts back, because I am on 2014. But you can put a work point on the center of the U-case for the wheel, and one at the end, then constrain both to the path, so the latter point is always behind the first. Like this it seems like the wheel is following the way of the ground. Also you can constrain the side of the cart to the side of the floor with a angular constraint.
Regards
Danny

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: danny

Hmm... I find it quite hard to understand what u meant with the U-case  Smiley Indifferent Are you suppose to mate the workpoint with the work axis (At the centre of the wheel)? I suppose that there is a big difference between creating a path with a cart and a wheel....

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

I just cant get it to work...  I dont even know where to put the Work axis and Transitional Constraint

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report