Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weldment assy material call out

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rclement
795 Views, 3 Replies

weldment assy material call out

people

i created a wedlment assy with 2 parts that the material is specified as steel

i call this weldment assy into a upper assy and the material is specified as wedlment aluminum 6061

i go to material used in document i see the welded aluminum i see also steel but doesnt allow me to  

assign to selelction. dont even know why a material is specified in a assy but i guess you have different material configurations for the same assy

anyway how do i change that so it displays in my partlists

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: rclement

You used the default Weldment template supplied with Inventor, the default is Aluminum. You need to enter the "Weld" module and select the weld-beads and change their Material to Steel. Start a new IAM and Convert it to a Weldment, select the correct Material and then Save this IAM as your Weldment-Steel Template. You may want to re-name the basic Weldment to Weldment-Aluminum.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
rclement
in reply to: blair

ty blair have to try it

Message 4 of 4
lesmfunk
in reply to: rclement

Or, use the same template, create a material called N/A or VARIOUS, and assign it to the Welds.

(Just another suggestion. I prefer to have the minimum amount of templates to choose from. Thanks Blair for directing me to the solution.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums