Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird graphical glitch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Infallable
629 Views, 8 Replies

weird graphical glitch

I keep getting a really strange graphical glitch in Inventor 2014 (as do my colleagues)! I'd never seen this in previous versions and I'd be interested to know what the cause is (older graphics card?)

I've attached a snapshot so you can see what I mean.

My graphics card is an ati firepro v4800

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Josh

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Infallable
in reply to: Infallable

all - didnt mean to flood the forum lol
Message 3 of 9
ampster401

not sure it was you Josh, the first 3 posts seemed to include an extra copy of the same pic with each new post...ie, 1st one came with one pic, 2nd one came with two pics (both were the same pic) and the 3rd post had three of the same pic.

Glitch causes Glitch on Adesk Forums!

Message 4 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: ampster401

have you installed all the latest updates/service packs..

update 3 was just released to attempt to fix some graphics issues..

Also update your graphics card driver to the latest manufacturers version.. Don't just follow the old/outdated autodesk list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Purely based on the images, it does look like the same graphics issue supposedly addressed in Update 3 for R2014 SP1. Have you installed the update patch?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-3-fo...

If you still see the same issue after applying the update, please let me know asap.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 9
bob_holland

Josh,

Please provide us with a DxDiag Report on your system.

I have attached a PDF to assist if needed.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 9
Infallable
in reply to: bob_holland

FYI

cheers!

Message 8 of 9
Infallable
in reply to: ampster401

Glitchception

Message 9 of 9
sam_m

1 - post dxdiag as a text file, not an image.  Run dxdiag and do "save all information" and then upload that dxdiag.txt

2 - according to the image your drivers are from July 2011...  As has been mentioned on this forum many times, and already in this topic, try the latest available drivers from your graphics vendor (ideally WHQL releases instead of beta) before doing anything else.  Always try to keep ALL drivers up to date, not just graphics but everything from motherboard/chipset to mouse.  In some respects, you/we all need to get our systems up to date with the latest drivers before moaning that the latest Inventor patch is bad.  Autodesk can't be expected to test their patches on all versions of all drivers (part of the reason for moving to DirectX from OpenGL), so they will be working with the latest (or at least near to) during development, and you're running drivers nearly 3 years old...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report