Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using a VB.net form with iLogic (Tutorial)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
WHassan
1417 Views, 2 Replies

using a VB.net form with iLogic (Tutorial)

Hello All.

I have been using ilogic and Inventor VBA for a few months now, but I still consider myself fairly new to VB.Net

My objective is to create a form in VB.net (using Visual Studio) (As the dynamic nature of the form I need for this project exceeds the capability of the form generation tool provided with iLogic)

With Inventor install (2012) came bundled a few iLogic samples. I took a few hints from the "Railing iLogic Sample Advanced.iam" but I am still trying to figure out how does the VB.net-form communicate with (iLogic) parameters of the inventor file. (I don't know what contents does a .dll carry over from a VB.net project)

Should use:

Dim oUserParameters as UserParameters

Set oUserParameters = invApp.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.UserParameters.Item("xxx")

...to change the parameters' values (embedded within the code of the form) or if anyone could explain (or point me towards a blog/tutorial) on how iLogic can read from the form.

I can use the trick explained in this post ("My first plug-in)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Check-out-the-self-paced-guide-My-First-Plug-in/td-p...  

... but I think I would like this projects applicaion restricted to a single Assembly (.iam file) only.

Both short and long responses will be helpful;

and is appreciated. Thanking you,

Wajih

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: WHassan

hi, it may be quicker if you post in the customisation area of the inventor forum... just one click away from here.

if i knew a bit about iLogic i would to help but unfortunately i can't. the inventor VBA may help if you want to look into that as well.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 3
WHassan
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Will do that Thanks Mark,

Wajih

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report