Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unresolved file references inventor 2011 simulation still trying to find files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paula
1062 Views, 3 Replies

unresolved file references inventor 2011 simulation still trying to find files

I have unchecked resolve file references, etc, and still basically spends 5 minutes looking for files i told it not to look for.  Why doesnt it just open the assembly or drawing, without waiting for ever?

Is there a workaround or fix?

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: paula

Hi paula,

My guess is that you have the "Using Unique File Names" setting in your project file options set to Yes. If set to No, Inventor will not keep searching when it looses a link, but will stop and ask you to resolve it. If set to yes, it will search the entire workspace to look for non-unique file names, and then ask you to resolve the link. To change this setting, first close all of your open Inventor files, then go to the Get Started tab and click the Projects button. From there look for the Options node in the lower pane as shown below.

You can still employ unique file names with this set to No. In fact this is how I configure my projects in order to avoid the long wait experienced when a link is broke before Inventor will ask you to resolve it (I often break and repair links on purpose for various house keeping chores).

Of course this is just a guess, so if I'm wrong you'll probably want to provide more details about your project file set up, and so on.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with all of your Inventor pursuits,

Curtis

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

Unique File Names.PNG

Message 3 of 4
paula

Hi Curtis,

That did the trick!  Thankyou!

And thankyou for not asking what model computer, etc etc etc.

Regards

Paul

Message 4 of 4
AdrianT

Hi Curtis,

Excellent tip - this saves a lot of time, thanks!

Cheers,

Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report