Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
icreator3d
Message 1 of 1 (63 Views)

unable to section section

63 Views, 0 Replies
04-12-2012 09:12 AM

Hello all,

I have a drawing in which I'm unable to section one of the views and I'm trying to figure out what is causing this.

On the drawing, I have a main view and a section view off the main view, similar to A-A in the attached pdf.  I need to create another section view off the sectioned view, similar to B-B, but for some reason when I start the section command I can't select the sectioned view.  If I select the sectioned view first, all of the "place views" options become greyed out(except detail).  But if I make a new section off the main view, I can make subsequent sections.

The drawing was originally made in Inventor 2008 and is now being modified in 2012.

Has anyone had a similar issue?  Is it just version incompatibility or something else?  Is there a fix?

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube