Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to save inventor file as dxf

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chris.finlay
356 Views, 4 Replies

unable to save inventor file as dxf

I have done some 2D sketches in Inventor and want to save them as a .dxf (or perhaps even .ai, .plt, .dst, .dsb - They are the vector files my alser cutter recognises) file so I can import them directly to my laser cutter. Is there anyway of doing this? I am using Inventor 14

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jurgen.galba
in reply to: chris.finlay

Hey Chris,

Have you tried to select your sketch fromout the inventor browser, hit the RMB and click [Export Sketch As]. You can go to DXF and DWG there.

- Aut viam inveniam aut faciam -
(I shall either find a way or make one.)
Message 3 of 5
chris.finlay
in reply to: jurgen.galba

No I haven't, I'm not sure what you mean from he inventor browser?

Sent from my iPad
Message 4 of 5
jurgen.galba

The Inventor browser is the "panel" next to your graphical screen;

it contains a tree of all the objects how your part is built; like sketches, any 3D actions you have executed like extrude revolven hole,...

It is the the history tree of your what your have built, en below there is the [End of Part]

When a sketch is consumed by any 3D operator it will become a child of that 3D operation within your browser.

Flip the tree open, and you will still find the sketch. Select any feature within the tree, an click your RMB to get a new range of commands

- Aut viam inveniam aut faciam -
(I shall either find a way or make one.)
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Maybe a picture is worth a thousand words.

Export Sketch.png  In Inventor - Right Click everything, especially when you can't find something you expect to be obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report