Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with imported part

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dloganbill
264 Views, 3 Replies

trouble with imported part

I imported an engine model and am trying to modify the air cleaner.  Link to the air cleaner housing I am having issues with.  I assume it is something that needs to be fixed in the construction environment.  One end of the housing is open and the other is closed off by an indestrctible surface.  Any thoughts?

Intel i7-3930K 3.2 GHz; 32 GB RAM; GeForce GTX 680; SSD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dloganbill

What version of Inventor are you using? You mightwant to note that in your signature.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you delete that face, then you will have to repair by adding surface boundaries, etc., to the model to get a solid.See below:

1981iBD3FA5373969CE77

1983i53227F090F099590

1985iEAD7123E15E97997

Message 4 of 4
AustinLiu

There is an error with one imported face, and you have to trim it in Construction Environment and stitch it to a solid.

Please check this site as a good reference to operate in Construction Environment, which is created by JDMather: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=3056.

I succeeded to make it in Inventor 2011 and can send to you via email if you want.

Austin-Zongjie Liu
Zongjie.Liu@autodesk.com
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Design, Lifecycle & Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report