Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too long time for rendering

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nicu_bogd
1762 Views, 4 Replies

too long time for rendering

Hi, when i create an animation, the rendering process is lasting 2 minutes and the movie has just 10 seconds. I think if i create a 10 minutes movie the process will be lasting 1 day.

How can i create the animation faster? (maximum 1 hour for a 10 minutes movie)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: nicu_bogd

Could very well be, it has to render each frame: Frame Rate x Animation Time x time it takes to render each Frame = Job Time

If you have a killer system with lots of cores, this can be rather quick. A slow system with few cores, it may take a while. Depending on the amount of your system memory, it could kill your system.

Less lights will help, lower resolution. I have some 30 sec HD renderings in Showcase that take 45 min on my system.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: blair

Trying to render a single continuous "beauty shot" style animation can also take longer than a series of sequential 10-30 second shots.  The latter also makes it easier to fix problems.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

nicu_bogd wrote
I think if i create a 10 minutes movie the process will be lasting 1 day.

Don't even try to animate a 10 minute sequence.
I recommend 30 seconds at most and then stitch together in something like MS MovieMaker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
swalton

My last render project ran at 3-4 output frames per minute.  At 24 frames/sec movie speed, a 10 sec movie would take between 60 and 80 min to render.  A minute of movie would take between 6-8 hrs to render. 

I rendered out to jpg files at 1280 x 720 and used Windows Movie Maker to stitch them into a clip. I kept the transations between moves in my animation to 1/2 a second or less (12 frames or so) and adjusted the timeline in Movie Maker to get the correct delay.  This also allowed me to only render changed animation sequences rather than the whole when my customer requested changes.

I used Inventor Studio.  Next time I might try showcase.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report