Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tolerance precision inv 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Myles1
281 Views, 2 Replies

tolerance precision inv 2011

I am trying to change the precision of my tolerance values, but nothing I do in the "Edit Dimension" window on the "Precision and Tolerance" tab seems to have any effect on the dimension on my drawing.  If I change the tolerance methon in the Edit Dim window, that updates, but not the precisionof either my Primary Unit or the Primary Tolerance.

I need to be able to change the tolerance precision for certain parts.

I tried creating a new dim style, with the precision I wanted in the dim style itself, but that also didn't work.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thomasloganinman
in reply to: Myles1

select the dimensions that has the tolerance and right click it. select properties and scroll down to the tolerances section. there is a line labelled "Tolerance Precision" and that is what you need to change. the tolerance has an automatic 4 decimal place precision so that's how you change it. good luck!

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: Myles1

Inventor doesn't behave this way for me, so that probably means that I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish and how you're going about it.  Can you post a screenshot of the Edit Dimension dialog?  You're working in a drawing, I assume, not a model?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report