Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread dimensioning on 2D with Inventor 2010 SP3

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JiaWendy
3967 Views, 7 Replies

thread dimensioning on 2D with Inventor 2010 SP3

We start to use Inventor 2010 a week ago. We have problems to dimension thread  on 2D drawings idw. Take a look at the attached files. We could dimension thread with inventor 2008 like below picture.

1158iFFA4AA7CC8245C57

But when we change to Inventor 2010, we can not do that. Even sometimes we can, but after you update the drawing, it gives you wrong values. We tried to dimension it with Hole/Thread notes, but it does not work with two leaders.

1160iEBB1ED5A42119CE8

Due to the special structure of my model, I would use "rotation section line" to cut the top view (thus one front view is sufficient to show all the structures correctly). Please take a look at the attached ipt and idw.

Is there any way to dimension thread like before with Inventor 2008?

Thanks a lot!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JiaWendy

Tested in 2011SP1. The same.

I have similar parts and same problems.

Question to Autodesk?

Message 3 of 8
JiaWendy
in reply to: Anonymous

From my understanding, there must be some changes concerning this from Inventor 2008 to Inventor 2010. As with Inventor 2008, we never found such problem no matter how you create your section lines.

With Inventor 2010, you can dimension it by hole / thread notes if you cut the part with linear section line. But if you cut the part by "rotation section line", hole/thread notes can not create dimension with two leaders.

The aligned shape on the front view is correct, but it seems the dimension line can not snap the correct point, it snaps the projected intersection point.

I wish somebody from Autodesk can give us a clue how to solve it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

In AIS2011SP1 I have problem with thread designation on simple section view for parts with hole.

1248i18BB583CEDC23093

Test files set include pdf attached (in 2011 format).

WBR

Andrey

AIS2011SSP1 WinXP32SP3 All updates

(I use migrated (2008) templates)

Message 5 of 8
JiaWendy

Andrey,

Concerning your question about thread designation on simple section views, in which way do you dimension the thread, by "linear dimenion" or "Hole/thread notes"? Have you tried to delete the previous dimension and make a new dimension (in your post, you said you used migrated templates)? I tried both ways with my Inventor 2010, both work.

1260i7A3ED9D1F100EA3F

Wendy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Wendy,

I use only  "Hole/thread notes" for prevent hand-made mistake.

The problem was reproduced (I start new part/drawing with migrated corporate template) on second PC, Win7 64 & AIP2011SP1 & all HF.

Andrey

Message 7 of 8
JiaWendy

Andrey,

I tried creating your parts on my computer, I can't find that problem. I am not sure if the problem is caused by your OS.

My OS is Windows XP and I am using Inventor 2010 SP3.

This morning I read some documents in this discussion group, there is a post discussing about Win 7 with Inventor 2011. But I just can't locate it now.

Hope it can help you.

Wendy

Message 8 of 8
robbedoes18

I have the same problem, has there been any progress since? I want to place a thread designation in a dimensionline with 2 leaders like JiaWendy wanted but i can't get it to work, now i am placing the metric designation manually which leads to a lot of problems when modifying the .ipt. (Using the hole and thread note (with 1 arrow line) does not get accepted over here.)

Also i do not understand what you mean with cut part by "rotation section line" or  "linear section line", are we talking about the way of creating the section view? I have a third question, when i place a dimension on a pipethread with hole and thread dimension it does not show the G1/4 designation but G13.15mm.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report