Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suppress bom info (filename, stock number, etc) when publishing to dwf

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
je10020
342 Views, 4 Replies

suppress bom info (filename, stock number, etc) when publishing to dwf

When I publish from Inventor to DWF (including sheets in the idw and an view of the iam assembly file) numerous part properties are included in the dwf that I would like to strip out so we don't share too much info with.

For example, filenames are included, stock numbers the complete bom from the model (as opposed to the parts lists that are shown in the idw's...  This info shows in the structured bill, and if you click on a part in the iam.

How do I filter all this out so I only show part numbers and descriptions in iproperties?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: je10020

Would creating a pdf work for you?

A pdf won't carry those properties along.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

Can you not select the properties you wish to publish from the Properties tab of the DWF. The default is "Only properties with values". You can select the Radio Button just below it and then select which items you wish to include

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
je10020

Thanks for the reply. I tried the radio buttons -  "select publish options" > check "custom" button > Properties Tab >  check button that allows values to be individually selected.

Even after doing this the tables, filenames, other properties I though I had filtered were still visible when I opened the dwfx in design review.

Message 5 of 5
PaulMunford

You might find this article helpful.
www.augi.com/library/the-truth-about-sharing-inventor-data

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report