Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange behavoir pack n go on frame generator assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Paul-tedecon
739 Views, 3 Replies

strange behavoir pack n go on frame generator assembly

Hi there,

I've got a question about pack and go for frame generator assemblies.

file structure of assembly:

Assembly contains:

- part (with extruded sketch, which frame generator is using)

- frame generator assembly with frames

- other parts constraint to frame generator assembly.

This assembly is a railing around a corner made with frame generator and scepters. (see attachment)

I know the future "Pack n go" to re-use assemblies in the same or other project(-file)

Because the length around a corner is different in each assembly, I tried to pack n go the assembly with the following options: "keep folder hierarchy", "include linked files".

If i want to change the length of the new assembly, the old one is changing too. It's like the "Frame reference model" is still linked to the assembly where i started with.

Maybe I'am doing something wrong?

Please help.

With kind regards,

Paul van Deursen

Tedecon Engineering

(NL)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CAG_DRAFT
in reply to: Paul-tedecon

I've never used the Pack'N'Go for reusing my FG assemblies.

I always stuble my way through the 'ilogic design copy' process. (found under the tools tab when you have nothing open)

I say stumble as I usually end up with messier folder structure than i started with but it avoids any strange linkage issues as renaming/relinking is all done as part of the process.
Message 3 of 4
Paul-tedecon
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

Thank you for your advice. 

Ilogic could be an option, but is something that we never used. I will check it out. This works only if it's the same lay-out. If the structure needs more changes than just a change in length, there will be a problem i guess.

Beside that, it's still strange that Frame Generator made components are not fully "pack 'n go"-able. Or am i making a mistake in the procedure?

Does somebody has good experiences with pack n go frame generator assemblies?

Thanks,

Paul

Message 4 of 4

Hi Paul-tedecon,

The iLogic Copy Design tool can be used to copy designs that do not have anything to do with iLogic ( This tool really should be renamed and refined a bit).

But it currently is the best way to copy Frame Generator designs.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-E74FC143-A73D-4BFF-A74F-DDA157B4EF31

A related link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/String-Replace-for-iLogic-Design-Copy/idi-p/38213...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report