Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stl file modifaction

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
801 Views, 9 Replies

stl file modifaction

With auto desk 123d catch i created a surface and i want to edit it in Autodesk Inventor 2014, I heard that Autodesk is not giving  Mesh enabler add-on from 2014,  help me to convert it into solid that  can be editable.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

You can download the Mesh Enabler here http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3ameshen...  (must be on subscription)

Or

zip and attach your *.stl file and someone will convert it to a solid for  you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I am attaching the part, if possible try to convert it in to 3d model. Thank u

Message 4 of 10
JDMather

You only provided a single side - not an watertight envelope.  How thick do you want this?  Which side is the outside?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I am happy with your response, the thickness is 5mm and I attached a jpeg file, on that file I marked the outer surface. You can observe that the outer contour is un even if possible  try to make it Eliptical for your reference I am adding some more snap shots.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I am happy with your response, the thickness is 5mm and I attached a jpeg file, on that file I marked the outer surface. You can observe that the outer contour is un even if possible  try to make it Eliptical for your reference I am adding some more snap shots.

Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr

What is up with all these people working with STL files all of a sudden?

Is that the only format all these new Autodesk "hobby" level cad programs can output?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Please explain more, what you said I don't understand,

Message 9 of 10

Slicer programs for 3D printers work with STL files

Using Inventor 2022 on Windows 10

Ideas needing support: spur gear tooth profile, rack gears generator
Message 10 of 10

@jeremy_wasserstrass wrote:

Slicer programs for 3D printers work with STL files

um.yes.. yes they do..

STL should ONLY be used to export to 3d printer software (or stl machines)..

MY comment was why have there been a bunch of posts lately of people trying to "import" STL files into a cad program.. STL is an export format.

STEP/IGES is what should be used to import..not STL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report