Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small bit of help needed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
262 Views, 2 Replies

small bit of help needed

hello there

this has only happened on a part that i had made previously but then had to change ( it was adaptive ).

ok so im in an assemby and want to create a part on top of one of the others.

when I create a new sketch for the new part, my axis's dont match up. How can i line them up.

In other words. if i click the view cube to bottom view to get the assembly all nice and square, then the sketch axis of the new part im creating ends up tilting to one side. I created the part directly off of a plane pulled from the bottom of one of the parts in the assembly.

I dont exactly have a pic to show you because i ended up deleting the part and making a new one.

Im so terrible at describing things but please bear with me Smiley Wink

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I prefer to select the option to start without constraints and immediately place relevant assembly constraints to the new part workplane(s).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

and where exactly is that option? I just looked through the options but wasnt sure what to select

whats the difference with having that option off. what contraints are there when you first start a sketch?

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report