Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shell

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ray_H
505 Views, 4 Replies

shell

The INV-2012 pipe attached uses the Shell command with 2 different thicknesses.The small end extrusion has also shelled out from inside the pipe.How can i perform the 2 different thickness without the small end pipe being shelled out..I want it to remain solid

Regards,

Ray

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Ray_H

Edit the extrusion for that small pipe and make it a new solid instead of being part of that single solid.

Multiple solid bodies are fun 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Ray_H
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks MCGYVR

Could you please show me with a basic example

Regards

Ray

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Ray_H

If you don't want a feature to be shelled - change the location in history (see attached).

or

Heal the part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

If you don't want a feature to be shelled - change the location in history (see attached).

or

Heal the part.

There you go 2 more ways to do it.

As for an example.. Just try it yourself.. Create a part with 2 solid bodies (use the icon in the bottom middle of the extrusion dialog)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report