Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheetmetal flange - how to make this feature?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ungarata
593 Views, 2 Replies

sheetmetal flange - how to make this feature?

Guys;

I'm learning Inventor 2013 - I'm not new to 3D modeling or sheetmetal work, having used two other CAD programs over the last 15 years.

See attached screenshot - I did this by manually putting in the reliefs, then adding a flange feature.  I want to do this by just putting the feature in, without manually creating the reliefs.  The "Flange" option doesn't seem to give me a way to put the feature on in any way other than along the entire edge.  After I put it on, I tried to go back and redefine it, but did not see a way to alter the width of the flange - it makes it the width of the entire edge that it's on. I tried to sketch a line where i wanted the flange to be, then use the "Fold" command; it goes through everything just fine and appears like it will work, but the result is a small bend completely along the edge again.  I tried the "Bend" command but apparently it will not do this either, as I can't satisfy the dialog box to even let me try it.

I searched through this forum and online, and read the help file, but didn't come across this particular situation.

Thanks,

-ungarata

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi ungarata,

If you use the >> button at the bottom of the flange dialog box, you'll find the options you're after.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Flange Options.png

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: ungarata

Alternatively you could create that tab with a Face and select the edge for Bend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report