Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet metal

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
simon_toaldo
717 Views, 10 Replies

sheet metal

I make this part in sheet metal.I do not do much with sheet metal tools but have i constructed this part correctly.Could i please have some feedback as the part is correct in shape but i am not sure if it is done correctly construction wise

Thanks

Simon

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: simon_toaldo

How will that be manufactured?

(looks to me like it should be an assembly of at least 3 parts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
simon_toaldo
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks

Yes 3 pieces.The top and bottom cut to shape and the centre piece bent to shape and all 3 put together.How would you create these 3 pieces in sheet metal and then assemble.Could you if possible show your solution.

Appreciated

Simon

Message 4 of 11
simon_toaldo

I had a look at the part today on  a fitting and it looks like it is 1 piece.Does this seem possible.It looks like it was 1 piece and then folded to shape.This is a learning exercise for me so any help appreciated

Simon

Message 5 of 11
JDMather

@simon_toaldo wrote:

I had a look at the part today on  a fitting and it looks like it is 1 piece.Does this seem possible.It looks like it was 1 piece and then folded to shape.This is a learning exercise for me so any help appreciated

Simon

It must have some seams (Rips) that were welded together or it is a deep drawn deformed part.
If it has welded seams - indicate where those are.
If it is deep drawn - that is not a folding manufacturing process and Inventor will not develop the blank.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
simon_toaldo
in reply to: JDMather

please see attached picture.There is 3 pieces.The weld will be along the 2 edges of piece 2.How can this be done in assembly please

simon

Message 7 of 11
simon_toaldo

I`m interested to see how this would be made in assembly.Could someone with much more experience them me show me how they would do this.

Regards

Simon

Message 8 of 11
IgorMir

Hi Simon,

Something like the attached should give you an idea.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 9 of 11
simon_toaldo

Hi Igor

Thanks for the model.Appreciated

Would the next step be to weld the edges?

Regards

Simon

Message 10 of 11
IgorMir

Hi Simon,

Yes, it would. But not in Inventor. In real life instead. I could never fully understand why would it be necessary to actually show the welds on the model. What's wrong with just indicating the welds on the drawing, as in good old days?

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 11 of 11
simon_toaldo

Thanks Igor ,, much appreciated

Simon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report