Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet metal iparts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
scoopthepoop2000
314 Views, 7 Replies

sheet metal iparts

Iam using IV 2010.  After creating a sheetmetal ipart my part grows slightly betweem each variance.

When toggling between the different parts IV says that they need updated.  I have updated them but if I toggle back after updatng the other parts IV wants me to update again and it creates a circle of updating.  Does this mean that making a sheet metal i part is a half baked idea?  Right now the way the program is responding to sheet metal iparts it would appear that you either cannot have a flat pattern or you part cannot lengthen or shorten the different variances with keeping the flat pattern.  It would appear that all is well with part with exception of this updating problem. Does anyone knows how to elimenate IV from asking to update in between variances while keeping the flat pattern?  Also I am using sheet metal extens add in.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
IgorMir
in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

I have been using Sheet metal iParts for quite some time now and yet to see the problems you have described. Could you please upload the file in question? IV2010 is fine.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 8

See the attached.  As I said on my first post everytime I toggle to a different ipart the part needs updating.  I have tried the rebuild all and redrawing the part nothing seems to work except not making an ipart.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
mrattray

It works fine for me in 2013.

I use sheetmetal iParts and have never had that problem.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

@scoopthepoop2000 wrote:

Also I am using sheet metal extens add in.

What is this?  Can you give more information?

(your part is working fine on my install of 2013.  Have you installed all SPs for 2010?)

edit

I noticed that iProperties did not come up as usual when I right clicked on your file to check myself if you have installed all SPs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: JDMather

Have you tried unloading the add in?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 8

Unloading and reloading the add in seemed to work.  Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 8
IgorMir

You part works fine on my machine as well. IV2010, SP0.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report