Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharing content center libraries

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rgioff
331 Views, 3 Replies

sharing content center libraries

What is the most efficent way to share content center libraries between users? We do not use vault but do use project folders. It has been proposed to copy the CC to the server and then point the project files to that location?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Rgioff

That's how I'd do it. Create a directory on the server with proper Share/Permissions.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
scotty_cash
in reply to: blair

How is it that you create this directory on the server? I too work for a company that does not have vault. We have a large iventory of parts already drawn with INVENTOR on one of our servers and now we want to make those items available in our Custom content center so that the three of us can access the items. We do not have a dedicated IT department to set this up so the other engineers and I are trying to do it on our own.

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: scotty_cash

The best would be to bring in a tech from a decent PC service company if you aren't familar with this. It will not take them long 30 min at most to set up a directory with shares and make sure that Inventor is pointing to this directory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report