Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotate a pattern

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jsauers
1357 Views, 5 Replies

rotate a pattern

I have a pattern that I created on a part. what I would like to do is rotate the pattern some 14 deg so I don't have to redraw it on the other side of the part. Is this possible?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bill.costello
in reply to: jsauers

Can you post the part ?
Can you not just rotate the original feature that the pattern was created from, assuming it was either dimensioned or constrained with a possible future move in mind, then the whole pattern will update.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

You can rotate the sketch for the base feature. Least that's the way I do it.Usually make sketch features connected to dimmed construction lines, so their easy to rotate if find I want them changed. ~Larry "jsauers" wrote in message news:7535656.1088782492294.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a pattern that I created on a part. what I would like to do is rotate the pattern some 14 deg so I don't have to redraw it on the other side of the part. Is this possible?
Message 4 of 6
jsauers

I cannot post the drawing, it is too large even when I zip it
Message 5 of 6
nstalker

I would also like to know how to do this.  I imported a STEP file and patterned it.  Now I want to rotate it.  I like how in AutoCAD you just type rotate and it does what you tell it to.  I wish Inventor were as intuitive as AutoCAD.

Message 6 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: nstalker

I ended removing the pattern.  I rotated the original part using grip snap and then redid the pattern selecting the column direction on the angle I wanted.  Still I wish it was as easy as AutoCAD.  In AutoCAD you don't have to backtrack as much because all commands are available to you all the time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report