Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rolling part

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
825 Views, 7 Replies

rolling part

Hi everyone!

I am a novice user on inventor and I I did not find online information regarding my problem, namely, how to rolling attached geometry to a roller ? 
thanks for each advise!

Best regards

TJet
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure what you are asking.

Do you want to bend that part into a 360° arc (Bend Part) command to wrap into a cylindrical shape?

Maybe something like this?

Bend Part.png

What do you want as the finished inside diameter?

Can you attach your *.ipt file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Yes, that I'm talking about.

If there is no  possibilities to connection it might be look like as in the appended file.

I attach a similar geometry

Message 4 of 8
blair

Convert it to a Sheet-Metal IPT, set your material thickness to the 0.5mm and then place a sketch on the surface. Create a line on the edge (full across plate), exit your Sketch and select Fold. Set your Radius and the item will be Rolled. I will try and attaché the part, I haven't been able to attach or insert items from work since the forum upgraded.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I found the appropriate function, but it is possible only wrapped about 180, but I do not have the possibility of setting the radius of 360 degrees. however, I worked it out with the cutting model in half and wrap each parts of 180 degrees, and then the two parts joined in a common cylinder
I am grateful for the help.
best regards
TJet

Message 6 of 8
blair

Do two "Halves" place the sketch in the middle, bend up the one side and then do another sketch on the middle, then on the bend command change the direction and bend up the other side.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
blair

You need to be careful that you don't end up with a zero gap, there could be some interference and Inventor won't process the Bend operation. Leave a small gap (will be required for manufacture and you will most likely need the gap for welding.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Of course it is a faster solution up and it works,
i didnt need a gap because I need a closed model since it will be use to cfd analysis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report