Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repeanting a feature as a pattern on a curved surface.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
parody
954 Views, 4 Replies

repeanting a feature as a pattern on a curved surface.

Hello,

I am designing perfume bottles and for that i need to to repeat a semi circle to repeat over a curved surface fo the bottle. To simplify the problem i have created curved surface and made a semi cirle as a feature, now i want the feature to repeat on the curved surface. I have tried to rectangle pattern, aswell as the circular pattern in all possible ways i can think.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.s. I have hp I7 processor, 8 gb ram, windows 7 and am using autodesk inventor pro 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: parody

can you post an example pic of what you want to achieve?

Or a screen cap of what you currently have?

(Can't open 2013 files Smiley Sad )

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5
parody
in reply to: mpatchus

If you see one of the black bottles attached with this message, it has small dots on the it's right side. I want a similar pattern on my design. But cannot figure out how do it.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: parody

You will need to use the Curve Driven Pattern functionality as done in this image.   (see bumps on grips)

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/78/191302/1/Friday%204-7-06_50.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

Did you figure this out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report