Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove hidden lines

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
luiww
2449 Views, 4 Replies

remove hidden lines

I wonder how one can remove hidden lines for a portion of the view, especially for the broken section region.  Attached is the issue I have.  I like to keep the hidden lines for the view except the broken section region.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: luiww

Have you tried selecting the segment that you don't want to see >right click > visibility ?

Or you can remove the hidden line for a certain part or feature (changing the layer or lynetype).

If none of these will work for you you can operate on the 3d model (view rep)  o in the worst case..drawing what you need manually.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

The way I do it -

Click on one of the lines in the view.

turn off the visibility of the Visible layer (and any other layer like Hatch).

Now it is much easier to select only those hidden lines which you want to turn off Visibility (right click).

With everything else except the hidden lines out of  the way now  - you can usually get most of them with a crossing window selection.  Leave just the hidden lines that are useful.  For example, it is standard practice to leave in the hidden lines for the threaded holes (but I wouldn't bottom tap).  Smiley Wink  Unless you want to anger the machinist.

Finally, select one of the remaining hidden lines (must have something selected) and turn the Visible (and any other hidden layers) back on.

Isolate Lines.png

Tip 55, Pg 27 http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

It would otherwise take all day to selectively select those hidden lines from the spline in the image.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You could set ure selection to part selection instead of edge and then right click on the part what has hiddenlines and turn them off for that part?

Message 5 of 5
luiww

I have tried and may have not grasped the concept well enough.  My oversight of not attaching the model and drawings earlier.  Please demonstrate on the attached files so I can see the solution.  Thanks for all the replies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report