Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red lighting bolt on bolted connection

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4288 Views, 5 Replies

red lighting bolt on bolted connection

Hello all..

I have started to have some problems with some of my bolted connections and my drawings are now taking 10 times longer or more to open up. . once the file opens up IV updates the file and I get a red lighting bolt on all my bolted connections. these were yellow before. The bolts and holes are still in my model. . when I edit the bolt I dont see anything wrong in the dialog box. any help would be great.. I tried to search but didn't find anything like this and if it is out there I am sorry for the repost.

I am using IV11 sp2 on a windows XP machine
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That usually means that changes to the base components have been made and an
update is required.

Patrick
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Well I tried to update the parts that are attached to the bolted connection. .and no new luck with the red bolt.. .

I did find that all the connections with the red lighting bolt had a custom length for the bolt. I changed this back to the default length and the red bolt did go away. I am not sure why this would slow my drawings down but it has seemed to make a difference when the "executing update components" starts..
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You have a couple of options here. If you RMB on the bolted connection and
click on Component>Manual Solve, then the DAcc solver will update the bolted
connection. If you RMB on the bolted connection and select
Component>Automatic Solve, then the DAcc solver will run every time the
assembly updates. Manual Solve is the default because there can be conflicts
between the DAcc solver and the assembly solver (especially if adaptivity is
used).

Loren Jahraus
Autodesk Inventor QA
Message 5 of 6
cstringer80

Interesting, never knew these options were there.  Can you point me to any more info or documentiation on exactly what all the DAcc options under RMB > component are and what they are actually doing?

I see, Calculate, sovle off, manual solve and automatic solve.

Whats the difference between calcualte and solve? or setting it to automatic vs manual solve?

Message 6 of 6
AJZAdesk1
in reply to: cstringer80

I have a similar problem.  I have a sub-assembly that is bolted to one sub-assembly on one and and another sub-assembly on the other.  I always had at least one red ligntning bolt.  If I simply edit the connection with the DAcc the Lightning bolt on that connection goes away but the other lights up.  Both will not go away.  I tried the Automatic Solve suggestion and i no longer have red lightning bolts (it puts a different symbol permanently where the red bolts were) but the overall update button (yellow lightning blot) at the top of the screen remains lit.  I can not get all of the update lightening bolts (either red or yellow) to go away.

Any other suggestions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report