Inventor General Discussion

DIVERSEN
Message 1 of 3 (99 Views)
Accepted Solution

"the browser"?

99 Views, 2 Replies
12-28-2011 01:01 PM

I've not used Inventor in the past but have used Pro E and SolidWorks.  I'm going through the Inventor 2012 Tutorials on a 30 day trial version of the S/W.  While editing a sketch (sk1), the instructions refer to going to the Options folder of "the browser".  I cannot find anything called a browser or an Options folder in any of the ribbon panels, pull downs, etc..  When I go to "Help" and search "browser" I find a listing of several browsers and the functions they contain, but not how to find the browser. 

I am envisioning that this "browser" is a window/panel on the left side of the screen, similar to what Pro E and SolidWorks use, to enable the designer to track and edit elements of a model after it is created.  I may be wrong about this, but at any rate, the time I have spent searching for it has been somewhat wasted.:smileyfrustrated:

I apologize if this is a silly problem to experienced Inventor users, but I would appreciate some help, as I am not able to proceed through the tutorials.  I may have to recommend SolidWorks even though we have several seats of Autodesk S/W.:smileywink:

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 3 (94 Views)

Re: "the browser"?

12-28-2011 01:16 PM in reply to: DIVERSEN

Hi DIVERSEN,

It sounds like maybe you've accidentally closed the model browser. To get it back you can go to the View tab on the ribbon and click the User Interface dropdown, and the set the check box for the Browser.

If this is not what you're after, you might post a link to the tutorial page you're referring to and/or a screen shot of your Inventor screen.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Browser.png

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

DIVERSEN
Message 3 of 3 (88 Views)

Re: "the browser"?

12-28-2011 01:30 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you for the prompt and helpful support.:smileyvery-happy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube