Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"include All Surfaces" in drawing with Assembly with Sub assemblies

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
BL4849
1036 Views, 10 Replies

"include All Surfaces" in drawing with Assembly with Sub assemblies

Inventor 2013

Issue: Using Parts created with "As Application surfaces" (only to aid positioning in assemblies). Main assembly built up from sub assemblies which include these parts have the issue on the displaye views in the drawing. When creating drawing views of the Main assembly the application surfaces cannot be hidden by deselecting the "Include All Surfaces" option on each assembly view.

They can be hidden as, shown with an assembly made up only of parts.

See Pics

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CCarreiras
in reply to: BL4849

Hi!

Yes, it's painfull somethimes.

What I used to do:

Make some reprresentation views in the assembly and hide the surface parts. Then create your views based in that represention views.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 11
BL4849
in reply to: CCarreiras

Not sure what you mean.  How do you "hide the surfaces" in the 3D assembly ?  The "surface parts" are part of individual parts. 

Message 4 of 11
CCarreiras

Hi!

Even worst... you have to go to the parts, edit, and turn the surfaces invisible... save and check again.

To avoid this issues, when no long need the surfaces as references, I turn them nvisible immediatly

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 5 of 11
Jefkee

Why did they do this anyways? in 2012 this wasnt a problem?

Inventor 2013
Message 6 of 11
CCarreiras
in reply to: Jefkee

Have You all service packs installed?

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 7 of 11
BL4849

Latest (update2) installed.

Message 8 of 11
CCarreiras

Hi!

You´re trying to do this in the assembly, but the surfaces are in the parts. Do it in the parts which  have surfaces or open the parts and turn the surfaces features visibility off.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 9 of 11
BL4849

I know what you mean.  Its not really practical since I have 40+ repititions of some  parts (each with several surfaces) in the sub assembly.

The only way is to manually turn each individual surface by editing the part in the sub assembly of the main assembly.

I was hoping there was a "one click" solution.

Message 10 of 11
t_pcoll

Hi,

can you please try/verify your view is NOT using Associative design view? Please, RMB on the VIEW13 ->Edit View...->Uncheck Associative checkbox.

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 11 of 11
BL4849
in reply to: t_pcoll

Thanks very much.  I did have the "Assoiciative" box checked.

Seems to have fixed this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report