Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"create new file" window issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tjg377
315 Views, 2 Replies

"create new file" window issue

When I click NEW to get the new file window, the icons for the new parts (ex: standard.ipt) do not show up.  I can see the catagory headings, but not the icons themselves. Any ideas??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: tjg377

@tjg377 wrote:

When I click NEW to get the new file window, the icons for the new parts (ex: standard.ipt) do not show up.  I can see the catagory headings, but not the icons themselves. Any ideas??

Welcome tjg377,

This may sound funny, but from exactly where are you clicking "New"?  There are three New buttons in the upper left of your Inventor screen.  SOme have drop down arrows next to them.  Clicking the drop down arrow gives you the category headings, clicking the "paper" icon should take you to your designated Template folder.

new-.JPG

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: cbenner

There is a short-cut for New. One is a short-cut for all templates that are named "Standard". This Chronicle link may help. You can save any template as "Standard" and it will then be the default in the short-cut menu. https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/8b592e54-69ad-4a17-ad1d-a652609229e6

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report