Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
PolemEngineering
Message 1 of 5 (702 Views)
Accepted Solution

"Update All Sheets" icon always visible

702 Views, 4 Replies
06-10-2011 03:55 AM

We use multiple sheets only in case when 1 sheet is has not the sufficiënt space for showing al details of an assembly-drawing.

I'm wondering why the "Update all sheets" icon is allways visible when using more then one sheet in a drawing.

René

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 SP2
Product Support
bobvdd
Message 2 of 5 (675 Views)

Re: "Update All Sheets" icon always visible

06-10-2011 11:52 AM in reply to: PolemEngineering

Once you have more than 1 sheet in the drawing the command becomes active and will remain active (as long as you don't turn on "Defer updates" in the document settings) .

I don't think it has the ability to tell you wether an update is actually necessary or not. I think you are expecting too much of the command :-)

Although I perfectly understand your confusion. I would also like the Save button to get disabled when no save is necessary in a document that I have open.  But even Microsoft Office does not offer such a nice touch...

Bob

andreasenv
Message 3 of 5 (462 Views)

02-07-2013 12:30 AM in reply to: bobvdd

So, usually, one can tell from the icons that there is an update available but not when you have two sheets. And that is expecting too much of the command? How

Valued Mentor
IgorMir
Message 4 of 5 (447 Views)

02-07-2013 04:16 AM in reply to: bobvdd

It falls into a category of "the lights are on but nobody's home" for sure. Now I know that the Update icon has no meaning once there are two or more drawing sheets in a file. And for all those years I was thinking that the Inventor is telling me that the model has been updated...

Thanks, Bob.

bobvdd wrote:

I don't think it has the ability to tell you wether an update is actually necessary or not. I think you are expecting too much of the command :-) 

Bob

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Product Support
bobvdd
Message 5 of 5 (432 Views)

02-07-2013 08:10 AM in reply to: andreasenv

The command is only meant to give you the chance to force an update of the one or more views that you have selected. In 99% of the cases this is not necessary and Inventor updates existing views automatically when there is a change. It is just in those 1% of the cases where Inventor does not do it for you , to get the views right.

Bob

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube