Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
pquenzi
Message 1 of 3 (41 Views)

"OPEN FILE" DIALOG BOX IMPROVEMENT

41 Views, 2 Replies
10-31-2002 09:57 AM
Is there some way to get "Workgroup" listed first in the "Locations" box in the "Open File" dialog box? "Local" and "Workspace" files are on top which requires an extra mouse click to get to the "Workgroup" listing before I can select a file to open. This doesn't seem like a big deal unless you happen to open several hundered files a day. Since the project files are stored in the "Workgroup", it seems like it should have priority and be the default location when opening files.
Thanks for the help.
Phil Quenzi
reeds_93me
Message 2 of 3 (41 Views)

Re: "OPEN FILE" DIALOG BOX IMPROVEMENT

11-13-2002 04:05 AM in reply to: pquenzi
Only solution I've been able to work out on this is when you create the project (or edit it after it's created) to have the paths listed in the order you want to see them. For example, I have

Workspace - nothing listed
Local Search Paths - nothing listed
Workgroup Search Paths
- Workgroup (for my current project work)
- Another Path (named and pointing to a folder from which I am borrowing/copying parts)
Library Search Paths
- Library (pointing to our standard library of fasteners, etc).

I've found that whatever order the paths are shown on the "Project" creation page, that is the order shown on the "Open" page.
pquenzi
Message 3 of 3 (41 Views)

Re:

11-14-2002 03:59 AM in reply to: pquenzi
Thanks.
Phil

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube