Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error in RSe clone commander" on Derive from part with Sketch Block

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
millejm85
442 Views, 1 Reply

"Error in RSe clone commander" on Derive from part with Sketch Block

I have a surface model of a bin that I am going to use as a master for deriving sheet metal parts for each side of the bin. After creating Sketch 9, which defines the mating flanges of the sheets, I repeatedly get the error noted in the subject when I try creating a derived part from this file.

I narrowed the problem down to the sketch block I used to define the square holes or more specifically a dimension that appears in this sketch block. I originally drew the circle with the square around it within Sketch 9 and then used the Create Block command. Then I patterned the block along the edges and made the pattern symmetric about the mid point of the edge and placed the hole half way out on the flange. (Flange width is set as a user parameter "FlangeWidth"(1.5") and distance to hole is "FlangeWidth/2" or even just a raw value of 0.75").

Now once this dimension is added to the sketch it will also appear in the block editor for the 5-16 Carriage Square block. If this is deleted from the sketch and the block definition and the pattern of holes are left unconstrained in this one direction a derived part can be successfully made. BUT if a dimension is added to the sketch it will trickle down to the block definition and now a derived part will fail...

I realized that my holes are to be on the midline of the flange so I can constrain them there without a dimension and so I can work around this. I would appreciate it if anyone can explain this to me or if this was noted as a problem! I just didn't think dimensions to geometry not included in a block were added to the block definition.

Inventor 2013 x64 sp1.1
Workstation Specs:
Dell T7500 Dual Xeon E5620 @2.40Ghz 8GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX580 4GB, Windows 7 x64 sp1
-Overall choppy performance, expected better.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
4donwan4
in reply to: millejm85

Hi James,

You have done nothing wrong as far as I can tell. I looked at the file and cannot figure out why that sketch 9 would through the error when derived like you stated. I will send you a support case for this issue as I will be logging this to development. I will offer more information in the support case.emailed to you.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report