Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qr creator for IDW

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
fgarcia90
4418 Views, 24 Replies

qr creator for IDW

Hi,

Does anyone knows any QR code creator to use in IDW.

Explaining: having the internet adress and putting it in the creator it creates the image code somewhere in the IDW..

Thanks in advance

FG

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
JorgenBjornes
in reply to: fgarcia90

If a bar code is sufficient, you could install a barcode font and use that in a text on the drawing: http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

I guess qr code requires an addin (or manually inserting a picture of the code)

Message 3 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: JorgenBjornes

generate the QR code.. save as image..insert into IDW.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 25
fgarcia90

what I want is to have something to put the link in the idw and somehow it creates the QR code by generating the image not by inserting an outside pic by an external generator... any ideias

Message 5 of 25
VdVeek

To place a QR-code directly in your idw you need to do some programming. Have a look at zxingnet, thats a library to create qr images. What's the purpose of the qr-code in your idw? I tested a bit with drawing an qr-code in a sketched symbol, but with the filled rectangles it's really memory consuming. To heavy for my system.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 6 of 25

Hi fgarcia90,

If you use Inventor DWG rather than IDW, you might be able to open the file in AutoCAD and generate the QR-code using this tool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v4cSTqhe_k

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aqrcodes%3a...

I've not attempted this, but thought I'd pass along the link.

Update:

I just created an IdeaStation request for this, you can vote for it at this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/QR-code-support-for-Inventor-iProperties-and-Text...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 25

Curtis, my Kudos is done!

Vdveek, the are plenty of softwares to create QR outside of inventor.

In our company we create our technical catalog to every single one of our products, and it would be great to have something to put links in the IDWs directly saving files and time to redirect our costumers to our web page. Comercial things Smiley Happy you know

You said you have something but is too heavy... can you share a file so I can try it?

Thanks for contributions

FG

Message 8 of 25
VdVeek

FG, i will send you an example this evening.

The test of placing an QR-code in a sketched symbol is done the following way.

Create online an QR-code on a website where you can save the image to *.svg (vector drawing). Save the .svg and open it in excel. A *.svg is based on the xml-structure so Excel wil convert the svg into colomns. (Please note, different websites create different svg files i find out). Now with iLogic i read out this excel-file and draw for each row a rectangle based on the X,Y coordinates and the width and height values. The problem is the filling of the rectangles, that's way to slow.

Example of an svg file in excel.

width	height	version	ns1:desc	id	fill	x	y	width2	height3	fill4
99	99	1.1	Zint Generated Symbol	barcode	#000000	0	0	99	99	#FFFFFF
99	99	1.1	Zint Generated Symbol	barcode	#000000	12	12	21	3	
99	99	1.1	Zint Generated Symbol	barcode	#000000	39	12	9	3	
99	99	1.1	Zint Generated Symbol	barcode	#000000	54	12	3	3	
99	99	1.1	Zint Generated Symbol	barcode	#000000	60	12	3	3	
99	99	1.1	Zint Generated Symbol	barcode	#000000	66	12	21	3	

But a better way will be to write your own vb-code with the Zxing-librarie, so you can use it without internet based qr-websites. This need definitly more testing, but i found out that it;s posible with iLogic. Now i need the time to write a vb.net add-in.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 9 of 25
fgarcia90
in reply to: VdVeek

Rob, with an outside solution, as you pointed with interet base or software in your own pc is not what I'm looking for... I'd like the visual basic and made the download from Zxing-library and putted in the visual basic from inventor but that's all I know about VB lol... when you have something I will be your 1st tester 🙂
Thanks
FG
Message 10 of 25
dgorsman

Anybody have references for the structure of QR codes?  Once the creation process is better understood the automation of that process would be easier to implement.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 11 of 25

Hi everyone,

michael.navara was kind enough to share this link to another tool on the Exchange site that can be used to create QR codes:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/2013/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3ac...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 12 of 25

I've been doing some digging on the format (well, as much as not spending ~ $250 on the ISO standard will allow).  The procedure in creating a QR code is just a *little* more complicated than switching to a bar code font:

• - the location and number of alignment symbols (small target) depends on the "version", or size, of the symbol
  • - the storage capacity of any given size of symbol is dependant on the formatting (numeric, alphanumeric, byte) and error correction level (low, medium, quality, high)
  • - modules (squares) are grouped into codewords, with the number of modules per codeword variable depending on the version of the symbol and the format
  • - each codeword may represent one or several characters depending on the format (eg. two characters for alphanumeric)
  • - content is encoded in a "snake" pattern in columns from bottom right, moving up, then down; larger versions will interleave codewords so "this is a word" won't necessarily be "th is is aw or d" but "th aw is or is d"
  •  - after the information is encoded into codewords, both the format and data are masked with one of several patterns which selectively flip modules on/off to avoid large white/black areas

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 13 of 25

It seem's a good app but I have big/small problem... I use Inventor 2012... does Michael.navarawas knows a solution to use in this version?
TIA
Message 14 of 25
safdafdsf
in reply to: dgorsman

Structure of QR Code? I found this passage called QR Code introduction has the structure of QR Code. I can help you understand. QR Code is now really getting more and more popular. I am also creating QR Code  in my business.

Message 15 of 25
VdVeek

fgarcia90 I created an Addin to place a QR-code image on a drawing. It's posible to copy iProperties from the drawing or from the Base-model to a sketch symbol containing the QR bitmap. Sadly the qr-code is not dynamic, when you want to make changes to the qr-code you need to create a new one. But it's posible to save the text to a custom iProperty for later use.

Hope it works for you, otherwise let me know.

Tested on Inventor 2012 x64 an 2013 x64.

Tags (2)
Message 16 of 25

Guys, just solved the question migrating to Inventor 2014 and using the app X-Tools LT...

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/2013/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3ac...

as Curtis pointed and seem's a nice solution.

Just one thing I think it couldf be very usefull, ist that the text/link could be place in the prompted entry.... any ideias...

Thanks all for your suggestions..

Message 17 of 25
hellensew
in reply to: dgorsman

"Anybody have references for the structure of QR codes?  Once the creation process is better understood the automation of that process would be easier to implement."

You can take a look at this QR Code introduction.

Message 18 of 25
fgarcia90
in reply to: hellensew

Is it VB.Net compatible with the Visual Basic in Inventor? (meaning can we make copy-paste? :))
If so how do we "connect" prompty entry in a IDW with the language in VB?
TIA
Message 19 of 25
VdVeek

VB.net is a slightly different language than VBA (The program-enviroment in Inventor). And it's not completly compatible. Is VBA still integrated within Inventor 2014? I heard they will stop vba.

I can change my Addin so it can read the prompted value. But why don't use the iProperties?

Rob.

Message 20 of 25
fgarcia90
in reply to: VdVeek

Hi, in my Inventor 2014 the Visual Basic icon doesn't do anything... maybe you right.
In my company we don't use iproperties in IDW, just in IPT, IPN and IAM.
In IDW we use always the prompt entry... either way can you supply a link to your add-in so I can check it out 😉 ?
TIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report