Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

punch table missing sqaure punches

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
michael.shelley
428 Views, 6 Replies

punch table missing sqaure punches

Guys,

I have recently made a a copper component with various punched holes for fixing with bolts etc.

When I make punch table, the table only lists the round punches and doesn't see the square punches.

I would like to point out that its a custom punch table made by me that I have used many times before with no problems.

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: michael.shelley

as far as I know (I've never really used the hole table much if at all)... the hole table really only works for "circular holes" but can also include the "recovered punch centers" and can list a "punch ID" in the columns.. I don't think its going to give you dimensions on non-circular cutouts.

You said it worked fine before.. Was it showing "square punches" before? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
michael.shelley
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi,

Please see attached pdfs. This is what I have now and what I had before. The punch details has not changed in anyway. Yet I am getting all information including punch description in the one I made some months ago.

It was showing square punches before yes.

Michael

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: michael.shelley

Michael,

I don't use hole tables much either, but from what I read in the help file, it would appear to me as long as the holes you are placing fit the criteria of what they are describing, then they should show up in your hole table.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-47DEB3A8-4C02-4FA3-9C3E-F0FF11F93395

Side note, in the hole table in your images, you spelled "Round" wrong. Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
michael.shelley
in reply to: Cadmanto

Haha I know!! Just noticed it now.

Thanks for the slightly embarrassing heads up:)

I can't understand where this problem has come from. Is it a bug in the program? Custom punch made in previous version of inventor?

Michael

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

Got it..

When placing your view you MUST select the flat pattern view and you must select the option to "recover punch centers"

Then it works just fine.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
michael.shelley
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi, I will check this tomorrow when I get in to work and let you know.

Thanks for the help.

M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report