Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publish ipart to content center

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
429 Views, 6 Replies

publish ipart to content center

I've saved one Hex Nut Metric part to custom part and made it an ipart, then publish it to content center. When I try to edit this family table, I find Filename is not in the ipropertity column list, and get the error message "non-unique filename(s) found in members, Please make sure filenames are unique for every member". Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I tried your workflow using Hex Nut Metric in R2008SP1,but Filename column is in ipropertity column list and I do not see error message when edit family table.Could you please attach your ipart?

To fix the problem and proceed with table edit,please edit the filename colum in column properties dialog using expression to make sure the file names are unique.You may set the file name={member} as expression.

Thanks,
Huan
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, Huan. Thank you for your reply.
We use Inventor 11 sp2. And I"ve tried to set the file name={member}, it still does not work.
Is there a problem with the Content Center in Inv 11? Because when I use "copy to" to make our own library, everything is fine except Heavy Hex Nut Metric and Hex Nut Metric.
Thanks,
Amy
Message 4 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Hi Amy,

I can reproduce the problem in R11 SP3 using your part.And it is OK in R2008 SP1.
It seems only two parts are impacted?I tried many of my iparts,all is OK.I also tried to find a workaround for you,but failed.Have you ever tried to re-create the ipart?I am sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks,
Huan
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks, Huan.
We will upgrade our Inventor to R2008 in near future. Hopefully no more this kind problem happen again in R2008.
I created the "brand-new" ipart and then published to our own library, it's working fine.
Thank you again for your response.

Amy
Message 6 of 7
Joseph.Randall

If anyone else ever has this problem again, as I just did, I found that the "Heavy Hex Structural Bolt" worked where the others failed.

Message 7 of 7
88nwilson
in reply to: Joseph.Randall

Whew, I'm glad it only took 6 years to find a solution! Smiley Wink

Inventor 2013
Win 7 Pro SP1 (x64)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report