Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with this new forum

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
schnautza
1647 Views, 35 Replies

problems with this new forum

I can't figure out how to attach files successfully or how to add an image to a post. The "preview" tab erases everything I've typed. And the "Options" dropdowns on comments just reload the page instead of giving me options. Same results in both IE and Chrome. Anybody else having issues?
35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
mcgyvr
in reply to: schnautza

To attach

Simply click the "Choose File" button. navigate to the file you wish to attach.

Click open.

To insert..

hit the "insert/edit image" button.

hit the choose file button when that dialog window comes up.then insert image.

swiss thumb.jpg

Its VERY simple.

Works just fine for me (using Chrome).. But I've used the internet before 🙂 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 36
riveter1000
in reply to: mcgyvr

I had that problem using Firefox. I also have web page formatting issues with this forum in Firefox. I have to use the Internet Explorer to get it to work properly.

Mark

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1

System Specs:
Dell Precision M6800
CPU Intel I7-4600M
RAM 16 GB
Graphics Nvidia Quadro K5100M
Message 4 of 36
schnautza

If it was that simple, I wouldn't be asking. I've tried the "Choose File" and it would appear that I am attaching something, but the past several posts I have tried to attach...nothing has attached. And there is no "insert image" button. In fact, there are NO buttons at all anywhere. I'd show you a picture of what I see, but I can't...so I'll try to explain it in words: From top to bottom, all I see is: Post Message Subject __________________ Body Rich Text, HTML, Preview..........................Spell Check, Quote [text box] Attachments [Choose File] Remove Add attachment Subscriptions [checkbox] Email me when someone replies Tags Message Tags _______________________ Cancel, Post Now where are these magical buttons? It looks the same for me in every browser I use.
Message 5 of 36
schnautza

Of course, every hard return I just typed in that previous post got removed. There's another problem.
Message 6 of 36
mcgyvr

So you don't see any of these buttons? (see attached image)

Are you on "Rich Text" and not HTML or Preview

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 36
schnautza

I am currently using Chrome 32.0.1700.107 m. Earlier I tried the same thing in IE 10.0.9200.16660. I'm not new to the internet. I post on a lot of forums and even know some basic HTML. This should not be difficult.
Message 8 of 36
schnautza

There is no row of buttons. The "choose file" option is there. I'm going to try to attach something with this post, but it won't work. I see my file (3i.bmp) as selected after I hit CHOOSE FILE and OK. Now here I go to hit POST.
Message 9 of 36
schnautza

I'm about to clear all cache and cookies to see if that helps.
Message 10 of 36
schnautza

Everything is cleared...still no buttons. Does this attachment work?
Message 11 of 36
dgorsman

Are you running with any kind of Compatibility view?  I initially had some similar problems at first when that was set.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 36
schnautza
in reply to: dgorsman

No. And all of a sudden the buttons are back.

Weird.

3i.bmp

Message 13 of 36
schnautza

I swear I didn't change any settings between that post and the previous one.

Message 14 of 36
mcgyvr

@schnautza wrote:

I swear I didn't change any settings between that post and the previous one.

SSUUUURREEEE you didn't  🙂

Message 15 of 36
schnautza

The internet is sometimes a bizarre beast with a mind of its own. Now it has made me look like a crazy person in more than one thread on these forums.

Is it bad of me to accept my own post as the solution...since it was just my computer being weird? Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 36
rdyson

Could have been the forum being bad!
It's happened before.

PDSU 2016
Message 17 of 36
IgorMir

Hi,

Check out that you don't have MauCampo virus - which is an add ware. Just have a look in your Program Files folder to see if you have a folder with such a name. If you do - remove it. Get advise from the Internet how to do it.

Best Regards,

Igor.

@schnautza wrote:

The internet is sometimes a bizarre beast with a mind of its own. Now it has made me look like a crazy person in more than one thread on these forums.

Is it bad of me to accept my own post as the solution...since it was just my computer being weird? Smiley Frustrated

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 18 of 36
blair
in reply to: dgorsman

My machine at still doesn't like this new forum. I still can't insert pictures or attached documents. The problen exists on IE10, IE11, Firefox and Safari with my work machine. It was working fine before the push to the new forum.

It will strip all formating and blank lines and put everything into one paragraph.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 36
schnautza
in reply to: blair

Annnnnnd we are back to having issues again. I'm going to take a screenshot of this so you can see what I'm talking about if I ever get to the point that I can attach images again...
Message 20 of 36
schnautza

Still having problems. This is crazy. No formatting options, no way to make attachments actually attach, no way to insert pictures. Can firewall settings have any effect on this? I've run MalwareBytes several times on full scan, no results. I've done disk cleanup and even tried Wise registry cleaner but no solutions. My machine is running Windows 7, 64 bit. Kaspersky antivirus software (managed by IT dept). Problems exist in Chrome 36.0.1985.143m, Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17126, Firefox 31.0. All add-ons are disabled for each browser. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Java, which is now updated to Java 7 Update 67. I've done the same with all Adobe products (Reader XI, Flash Player 14). I've got to get this fixed somehow, because it is impossible to really communicate here without attachments or pictures.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report