Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with bolted connections

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
panos_snw
414 Views, 6 Replies

problems with bolted connections

Hi, i'm using inventor pro 2014 and i have problem with bolted connection. I can't use all types of fasteners  from content center. How can i use all types of  content center??Which is the problem? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: panos_snw

Hello and welcome.

We need a lot more information.  What fasteners can you NOT use?  Do you have all Content Center libraries loaded?  Are they all available in your project?  Do you use Vault Content or Local?  Are there some fasteners that DO work?

Message 3 of 7
panos_snw
in reply to: cbenner

Firstly, thank you for responding to my message! When I am in assembly enviroment and i use "place from content center" i can introduce all types of bolts that i need. For example, sheet metal screws (DIN ISO 7051 - C - Z) or from the file other the fastener (DIN 603). Although, when i use bolted connection these fasteners do not happen to appear. Also, the fact that the fasteners appear at the content center doesn't mean that they are loaded? The project indicates that the libraries are in use but the access is not available. I dont use vault content!  

Message 4 of 7
AlexFielder
in reply to: panos_snw

Hi @cbenner,

It's 2017 and this is still an issue; specifically with the DIN 603 family of bolts.

In order to be able to push for a resolution, I've created an Idea thread here.

Thanks,

Alex.

Message 5 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: AlexFielder

@AlexFielder

Add it here 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/autodesk-inventor-idea-s-needing-support-thread/td-p/7...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: AlexFielder

This bugs me, something is fishy here.  there has to be something logical blocking BC from seeing particular fasteners.  @AlexFielder, can you tell me if the fasteners you have trouble with are custom?  Or are they "out of the box" Content Center fasteners?

Message 7 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

After spending about 5 minutes typing up a possible workaround, the forums decided that my time to edit my last post had run out.  I am working on a workaround, and I will try again later.  Stay tuned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report