Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phantom images

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
pquenzi
480 Views, 8 Replies

phantom images

In Inventor 2014 when I drive a constraint so several objects move to a new location, a phantom image of the obects will often remain showing in the orighinal positon of the objects (by phantom I mean lines with no shading). Is there some way to prevent that from happening? If I close the model and re open it the image is gone. Thanks, Phil

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: pquenzi

Try updating your graphics card drivers, most systems ship with very early release drivers. Also for IV0214 there a SP1 and updates 1 & 2 for SP1 that deal with graphics issues as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
guido_66
in reply to: blair

I have the same issue, Inventor and my Graphics card driver (Quadro 4000 - driver 307.45) are up to date. 

Message 4 of 9
pquenzi

I installed SP1 and will see how it acts today. My graphics card is also NVIDIA Quadro 4000 version 9.18.13.697. Phil

Message 5 of 9
blair

Current Microsoft certified Nvidia drivers are 331.82

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:
Current Microsoft certified Nvidia drivers are 331.82

Maybe...

All depends on which Quadro 4000 they have..

FX4000

4000M

etc...

sadly 307.45 is what Autodesk lists as approved in their list.. Proving that the Autodesk certification process/listing is absolutely pointless as there are multiple quadro 4000 users claiming issues now... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 9
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

Most current Quadro version for FX4000 Version: 307.45 WHQL Release Date: 2012.11.19 Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit Language: English (US) File Size: 196.00 MB

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 9
pquenzi

After installing SP1 I just installed the latest graphics card driver which was 332.21 and no phantom images so far today. I will let you know if they show up again. Thanks for the help. Phil

Message 9 of 9
pquenzi

FYI,

After installing SP1 and new driver, phantom images do not appear as often but they still appear at times. Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report