Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening more sessions of inventor to opening files from folder

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
matteomalpezzi
432 Views, 7 Replies

opening more sessions of inventor to opening files from folder

Hello are using an Italian engineer inventor 2014 on the windows 8.1 after upgrading it happens that opening a file from a folder I have the simultaneous opening of more inventor.

that happened to me before opening the file viniva open various files in the current session.

I asked for help but does not know how to help me answer.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: matteomalpezzi

Hello, welcome to the group.

Am I hearing you correct that you are opening files from Windows Explorer, and getting a new session of Inventor each time?  I have to ask, why do you not open them from Inventor?

Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Chris.  You should open up a session of Inventor first, then using the open icon, open up your files.

When you open up your files from Windows explorer, you could be double clicking too fast, but for the system to be opening up a file in the default program it has associated with that file and opening up the program each time is not specific to just Inventor.  MS Word and Excel will do the exact same thing.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 8

Hi 

I usually do so I open a file and opens the Inventor if I open a file opens another inventor.

I find it best to open the files from the folder because I use a command less and are faster in search of the file.

Message 5 of 8
Cadmanto

We understand what you are saying and we understand the problem you appear to be having.

All Chris and I are saying is in order to prevent this, try what we have suggested and see how it works. Smiley Happy

You know the definition of insanity?  Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Smiley Very Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 8
mrattray

There are other issues that can arise from opening files from explorer. It's the general consensus that the best practice is to open directly from within Inventor.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 8
jletcher

Try not to left click on the file 1st just right click and hit open..

A client's engineer had the same issue but what I found is sometimes when he left clicks the file 1st it does a double left click he was unaware of it but after telling him to just right click no left click on the file he had no more issues..

Reason :  All programs if left click to select 70% of the time a double click happens (more if mouse is old) when using double click this tells windows to start a new session of the program even if one is open.. If you right click the file there is never a chance of a left double click..

Message 8 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

P.S. never start a program from explore.. Always start the program before hand..

Reason : When starting a program from its file type AKA double click file to start program you have more of a chance windows not turning everything on in the registry and run into performance issues and commands not working...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report