Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice for naming/file conventions for i assy with sub iassy.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jpblower
248 Views, 0 Replies

need advice for naming/file conventions for i assy with sub iassy.

I want to have a large assy with a baseline and finished model.  Historically we've done this w/ LOD but it's more appropriate to use iassy but I'm wondering does anyone have advice on naming conventions and file locations. 

Imagine a tall building where we have a current floor plan for floors 1, 2, and 6.  We want to have a new floorplan for each of them.  Moving chairs and desks are easy but what are some ways of having a unique name for the walls and windows?  We don't have autodesk vault so we can't save as a rev A/B. 

Is it better to have make the entire building an iassy with several sub iassy's or is it more practical to keep the building by itself and switch the subassy from one to another. 

We also need to deliver the finished model meaning we may need to rename several items which I've found is extremely hairy when dealing w/ iparts so I'm really worried about problems with name changing in an iassy. 

I realize that every situation is different but I would greatly appreciate if people could give some examples and lessons learned before I get deep into it and find I should have done things another way or just not bothered. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report