Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple sheets for idw

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
akosi
679 Views, 6 Replies

multiple sheets for idw

hi,

i have an assembly with 100+ parts that i have to show in my parts list.

my question is :

how can i add identical sheets showing identical view of the assembly but the ist page will show the first 50 parts and the second page will show the rest of the part list?

thanks

inventor 2011

vault 2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mike_Maenpaa
in reply to: akosi

Copy the view from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2.

Place a parts list on each sheet and edit to turn off visibility.

Mike

Message 3 of 7
akosi
in reply to: Mike_Maenpaa

awsome!!!  🙂 ... thanks

Message 4 of 7
mirzanasrullah
in reply to: akosi

Dear All,

Please i want to know that - Can it be possible to make the single template or prompted values for my multiple sheet.

this is to avoid the time to complete each sheet for prompted text and to make unified sheet for one perticular part or assembly.

Thank you.

Nasrullah Baig Mirza,
Mechanical Design Engineer,
Message 5 of 7

Please help for the above query... Still waiting...

Nasrullah Baig Mirza,
Mechanical Design Engineer,
Message 6 of 7
mikejones
in reply to: mirzanasrullah

Try changing the prompted entries in your title block definition to use iProperties or custom iProperties instead. This way the iProperties will appear on all sheets automatically.

Mike

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 7 of 7
sam_m
in reply to: mirzanasrullah

toggling the visibility for each line-item is kinda crazy.  A better way would be to use the filter option to, erm, filter the parts lists to the first x components and then copy the sheet and change the filter range to start with the next item to the end.

As for setting up a template to have this already setup, dunno if it's needed as it's only a 5second job to assign a filter (compared to the time for toggling half the parts list visible or not).

filter1.png 

as for a separate sheet for each part, etc.  just use 1 idw for each part or assembly, as it's really intended to be used...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report