Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model replacement refererence inventor 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
joelaudermilch
303 Views, 3 Replies

model replacement refererence inventor 2012

My annotations disappear when i replace an ipt with similar ipt in an idw file.  The view and the browser update to the new part but the annotation disappear.

I am working with a front view in both ipts.

Someone please help me understand what i am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rjezuit
in reply to: joelaudermilch

From what I have experienced, the replacement part needs to be the same file type (.ipt or .iam) as the original and needs to be a "save copy as" that was modified or a derived part for that process to work seamlessly. 

Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: joelaudermilch

Dimensions are placed to geometry by the face's or edge's identifier in the model file.  Unless the new file is a copy of the old one Inventor does not know which faces and edges in the new file match the old ones.  So, replacing the model reference will result in sick dimensions.  However, you have a choice about what to do with sick dimensions.  Document Settings > Drawing tab has a checkbox "Preserve Orphaned Annotations".  Check that, and at least you won't lose them.  They will all be pink and will need to be re-attached, but at least they'll still be there.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 4 of 4

thanks guys, your suggestions worked and were helpful.

Thanks again,

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report