Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
stephengibson76
Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)
Accepted Solution

make sketched symbol leader invisible

126 Views, 2 Replies
02-06-2014 08:10 AM

I have sketched symbols that display properties of parts they are attached to.  the problem is the insertion point is not always where I want it so i need to drag the symbol to a new location which creates a leader.  if i then turn the leader off the properties in the sketched symbol revert to the first part placed on the drawing sheet.

I would like to attach a sketched symbol to a part that reads that part property and be able to drag that symbol wherever I want without showing a leader.  that sketched symbol should of cours move with the view if i decide to drag the view around as well...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Valued Contributor
ninjajedisaiyan
Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: make sketched symbol leader invisible

02-06-2014 08:25 AM in reply to: stephengibson76

It sounds to me like you should be turning the visibliity of the leader off instead of turning the leader itself off. If you double-click the symbol after dragging it there should be a check box for 'leader' and one to toggle the visibility of that leader.

Also, it sounds like to insert the symbol you are double clicking the sketched symbol instance in your browser/tree panel and then attaching it to the part. If you instead right click it and pick the 'Symbols...' option it brings up the same box where you can check the leader box and uncheck the leader visibility before you place the symbol which is the method I use.

Valued Mentor
stephengibson76
Message 3 of 3 (108 Views)

Re: make sketched symbol leader invisible

02-06-2014 08:51 AM in reply to: ninjajedisaiyan

both those solutions worked for me

thanks

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube