Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking an excel file using inventor 2010 and windows 7

52 REPLIES 52
SOLVED
Message 1 of 53
pmoske
3666 Views, 52 Replies

linking an excel file using inventor 2010 and windows 7

when i try to link an excel file to the parameters dialog box i get a message telling me it is "NOT IMPLEMENTED". i just upgraded to windows 7 because it is now supported by autodesk.
52 REPLIES 52
Message 41 of 53
helmut.backs
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Brad,

is there also a chance to use a combination of Inventor 2010 (64-Bit) on operating systems Windows 7 (64-Bit) and Excel 2010 (32-Bit)!

Message 42 of 53
aargear
in reply to: aargear

With

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14079866&linkID=9242018

after SP1 Parts list export to Excel work OK.

WBR

aargear

Message 43 of 53
Mark_Fry
in reply to: pmoske

Hello Brad,

I am using IV2011 and open office & Vista64. I understand that open office 3.1.1 is not supported. My question Brad is, is there any intention by Autodesk to implement the ability to link open office to open excel files and not force their customers to purchase software that they would otherwise not be required to buy?

I do believe there was a court case some time back, in which a certain software company was prosecuted for forcing users to use only a certain brand of software, was there not? 

Regards,

Mark

Intel Core2 Quad Q8200

ATI Radeon HD 4600

8gig ram

Vista 64

Message 44 of 53
chrish
in reply to: aargear

Does this Excel linking problem continue with 2011?

I have Excel 2007 , 2011 Inventor Win 7 64bit.

Spredsheet updates part fine.

Changes in the part made by the spreadsheet do not flow to the drawing for the part.

If I reinsert the part into the drawing, the new changes are shown.

No amount of "updating" makes the change flow through.

Ideas?

I know Brad Town had done some work on this.

Message 45 of 53
johnnoyle

Running Autodesk Inventor 11 64 bit.

Using Office 2010  - Word (Microsoft Home and Office - Student)

Get "Not Implemented" error.

Tried the earlier fix attempts but they do not resolve this problem.

Has anything else been done to fix this?

Message 46 of 53
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: johnnoyle

Office 2010 is not compatible with 2011 or earlier version. Only Office 2003 or 2007. Office 2010 was release after Inventor 2011.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 47 of 53
johnhoyle
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

I have two locations with Autodesk Inventor.

Home - 64 bit Inventor 11 -> this gives the "Not Implemented" error when trying to link with Office 2010 Excel in parameters.

Work - 32 Bit Inventor 11 - > this works when trying to link with Office 2010 Excel in parameters, however I did have to load a hotfix which allows the excel files to update the Inventor parameters.

So there is clearly something wrong and inconsistent here.

Autodesk Inventor 11 is compatable with Office 2010 Excel - but it seems the compatability is inconsistent.

Has or is anyone from Autodesk looked into this issue?
Is there any time frame for fixing this long ongoing issue?

Is there any resource beyond this one for getting this issue addressed?

Message 48 of 53
johnhoyle
in reply to: johnhoyle

I have also tried this on a laptop which has the same operating system (Windows 7) Office install (2010) and Autodesk Inventor 11. It works without the "Not Implemented" error. It is clear that the "Not Implemented" error when linking Excel with Inventor parameters is not due to an incompatability issue of Inv 11 with Office 2010 because it works in many installs.

Message 49 of 53
tank2549
in reply to: Mcadae

Should I use this workaround if I am using inventor pro 2012 sp1 student version, excel starter 2010 and windows home premium sp1 64 bit? I am also experiencing the "not implemented" message when attempting to link excel spreadsheet to inventor part file.

Message 50 of 53
johnhoyle
in reply to: helmut.backs

I have loaded 64 Bit Autodesk Inventor 2012. Still having the "Not Implemented" problem with this newest version of Inventor. The workaround does not help. Is there any way to get this resolved? Why is this thread not being responded too?

Message 51 of 53

Hi johnhoyle,

I notcied someone mentioned Office 2010 Starter/Excel 2010Starter. This link might help:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/12/excel-starter-and-inventor.html

It that isn't the issue, I'd suggest starting a new thread on the Inventor Installation forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 52 of 53
ricoc87

I tried the script but that didn't work.

But I found something that worked for me.

Just have the excel document open when you try to link it. 

Message 53 of 53
johnhoyle
in reply to: ricoc87

Yes I have tried that it still didn't work

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report