Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
will_hebden
Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)

large assembly - very strange problems????

136 Views, 1 Replies
11-04-2008 05:43 AM
I am working on a very large assembly of a lift (2500+ parts) which is causing some strange problems.

Firstly, after opening the assembly none of the buttons work, this includes every button within the inventor environment (file, tools, constraints, measure, rotate, zoom, etc, etc, etc. (note: all the buttons click as normal but nothing happens, except the view buttons (zoom, pan, rotate etc) as these are grayed out?)

Secondly, when i click the RMB, it only shows a few options, (delete, turn visibility on/off, find in browser, open, edit etc), are all missing

Thirdly, This causes my whole windows explorer to not work correctly, i can open programs, but not files, ie i can open Radan (2D CAD program) but cannot open any files, same with internet explorer, it will open but just shows a blank screen.

And lastly!! I have a spaceball with a programmed button for measure, when i click this an error message appears saying "an invalid argument has occurred"

myself and a colleague have both had the same problem on similar assemblies (which use the same components) on different computers

Any help would be greatly apreciated

Regards

Will H
*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)

Re: large assembly - very strange problems????

11-04-2008 06:20 AM in reply to: will_hebden
>And lastly!! I have a spaceball....
Since this is happening on different computers this suggestion might not be your solution - but I have found similar behavior is cured by clicking Recalibrate on my 3D Connexion device Control Panel. I've gotten in the habit of doing that every morning. You might also try unplugging it and rebooting Inventor.
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube