Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large assembly - very strange problems????

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
will_hebden
201 Views, 1 Reply

large assembly - very strange problems????

I am working on a very large assembly of a lift (2500+ parts) which is causing some strange problems.

Firstly, after opening the assembly none of the buttons work, this includes every button within the inventor environment (file, tools, constraints, measure, rotate, zoom, etc, etc, etc. (note: all the buttons click as normal but nothing happens, except the view buttons (zoom, pan, rotate etc) as these are grayed out?)

Secondly, when i click the RMB, it only shows a few options, (delete, turn visibility on/off, find in browser, open, edit etc), are all missing

Thirdly, This causes my whole windows explorer to not work correctly, i can open programs, but not files, ie i can open Radan (2D CAD program) but cannot open any files, same with internet explorer, it will open but just shows a blank screen.

And lastly!! I have a spaceball with a programmed button for measure, when i click this an error message appears saying "an invalid argument has occurred"

myself and a colleague have both had the same problem on similar assemblies (which use the same components) on different computers

Any help would be greatly apreciated

Regards

Will H
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: will_hebden

>And lastly!! I have a spaceball....
Since this is happening on different computers this suggestion might not be your solution - but I have found similar behavior is cured by clicking Recalibrate on my 3D Connexion device Control Panel. I've gotten in the habit of doing that every morning. You might also try unplugging it and rebooting Inventor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report